How Can I Become a Christian?
1. Acknowledge you are a sinner.
- Romans 3:23 states, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
- No matter how good we think we are or others tell us we are we are still sinners in the sight of the Holy God.
2. Believe that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and was raised from the dead.
3. Call on the Lord in faith and repentance.
- Romans 10:9 says, "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
- To become a Christian you must believe what the Bible says about Jesus, and specifically, you must openly express your belief in the fact that Jesus was crucified to pay the sin debt of the entire world, and God raised Jesus from the dead three days later. In so doing, you surrender to His Lordship, and express your commitment to Jesus through your obedience to His commands.
- Romans 10:13 says, "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
- To call on the Lord in faith means to place your trust in Him, His Word (the Bible), and His will (His plan for your life-to become more like Him for the rest of your life).
- To repent means to make the committed choice to turn from your sinful lifestyle and habits and take on the lifestyle and habits of a Christian.
If you would like further information, please contact Philippi Baptist Church (Phone: 864-427-8726) or contact one of the pastors, and they would be more than willing to share with you in greater detail what it means to be a Christian.